*EDIT* I've been willing to do it for AGES. Terribly sorry for spamming your message boxes, I've never done it before as I never really repaint my older pieces, but I finally managed to fix stuff that's been bugging me in this portrait.
Here you can see for yourself what's changed: [link]
I think the change is rather big and for good. Also it shows my progress after around a year. Hope you'll agree!
something new finally. Her name is Marie, same as the person who commissioned this piece (although the only directive i got was to paint a redhead). there's some bigger idea behind this piece to be frank
it was a technical nightmare for me, spent way too many days on it. anyway - no direct reference used except for the birds. i don't know what kind of birds are these to be frank, i just googled "little flying birds" (seriously) and tried to paint something similar. i have to say i'm quite proud of many elements in this piece and i hope you'll like it too..
i hope it doesn't look weird. on my monitor it looks ok, but i checked it on other ones and it looked too bright and without enough contrast.. oh well. new monitor, new problems.
done in painter 7 + photoshop 7 for some additional textures on a pencil sketch as usual.
close up's [link]
wip's coming soon or in a tutorial.